A1: You can receive the map products by the following means:
Online Download (for Products in digital formats only)
You will receive an email of "Notification for Collection of Digital Map Product" notifying you that the digital map products are ready for download. Please make sure that the email address in your account information is correct and valid.
By courier/postage services
Products in digital formats are saved in DVD(s), while those in paper formats are packed in container(s)/wrapping paper. They are delivered to your Recipient Address provided via Hongkong Post.
Collect at Map Sales Outlets – You can select to collect the map products at our Map Sales Outlets during placing order.
Note: DVDs for products in digital map products can be collected only at Map Publications Centre, Hong Kong, at 6/F North Point Government Offices, 333 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
You or your representative must present the printout of the email "Notification for Collection of Digital/Paper Map Product" when collecting the ordered paper map products.
A2: "Online Download" delivery method is allowed for an order of total data size not more than 2GB. Under normal circumstances, the ordered digital map product will be ready for download within 4 working days upon clearance of payment.
A3: Postal delivery will be arranged only upon clearance of payment. Customers will receive an email from Hong Kong Map Service 2.0 within 4 working days for confirming that ordered items have been posted out. If the order consists of Digital Aerial Photos and the quantity is not more than 6, relevant email will be sent out within 14 working days. For details on production time of products, please refer to the information under “Product Delivery” at "Useful Info".
A4: You should fill in the postal address in English, Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese Language. Address in other language may result in late or non-delivery of products ordered.
A5: No. It is because P.O. Box address is not acceptable for the Delivery services by Hongkong Post.
A6: Product delivery is via the shipping type you selected when you place the order and select the delivery “by courier/postage services”.
Postal charge is depends on the shipping type you selected.
For overseas delivery, all customs duty, VAT, sale taxes or any kind of fee levied or imposed by your country in relation to the ordered products are to be borne by you.
A7: The digital map products can be downloaded in unlimited number of time before the expiry date. The expiry date is listed in the email of "Notification for Collection of Digital Map Product" sent from Hong Kong Map Service 2.0. Please ensure the digital map products are successfully downloaded as the hyperlink will be removed upon the expiry date.
A8: No. It is recommended to place your requests for those “urgently needed” items in separate orders from others.
A9: Hong Kong Map Service 2.0 does not guarantee that contents of your ordered digital map products are exactly the same as what you see on the website due to regular data updating. In case your ordered product is found to have been updated during the course of production, we shall provide you with the latest edition of the product.
A10: If the ordered paper map products are found to be damaged, you may contact Map Publications Centre, Hong Kong at (852) 2231-3187 or email to email@example.com. If the ordered products are found to be defective due to printing problem, we shall replace the products free of charge. However, we are not responsible for loss or damage during the course of transportation in case of delivery by post.
If the ordered digital map is found to be corrupted or defective within one (1) calendar month from the date of collection by you, we shall replace the digital map free of charge. However, the digital map will not be regarded as corrupted or defective if it can be loaded onto and displayed on the computer system of the Lands Department.
A11: Please try the following according to your selected delivery method:
- please contact our Customer Service Representative at (852) 2231-3187 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the map products in digital formats are not successfully delivered, our Customer Service Representative will contact you to arrange for a re-delivery or you may contact our Customer Service Representative.
- For Paper map products, please note that due to packaging constraint, unfolded maps and books are packed in tubes and wrapping paper respectively. They cannot be packed together and have to be posted in separate parcels. Furthermore, if the ordered quantity is beyond the maximum holding capacity of a tube, the products have to be packed in multiple tubes separately. So be patient if you receive only part of the ordered products.
Collection at Map Sales Outlets:
- If the DVDs for map products in digital formats are not collected within three (3) weeks from the date of notification, our Customer Service Representative will contact you for the collection. If the digital map products are not collected within four (4) weeks from the date of notification, Lands Department reserves the right to dispose those digital map products.
- For paper map products, they must be collected within 14 days after notification if method “Collect at Map Sales Outlets” is selected. Otherwise, all money paid will be forfeited.
A12: Yes. You or your representative must present the printout of the email of "Notification for Collection of Digital Map Product" when collecting the ordered products.
A13: If you have the genuine need to change the delivery method for collecting your ordered products at Map Publications Centre, Hong Kong, we may arrange that only if the products have not been posted. However, all the paid delivery charge will not be refunded. Lands Department reserves the right to decline any change request and will not be responsible for any loss.
Last revision date