- For a digital map order with a total data size less than 2GB, you will receive an email notifying that your ordered map products are ready for download. Please make sure that the email address provided is correct and valid.
- Products in digital formats are saved in DVD(s), while those in paper formats are packed in container(s)/wrapping paper. They are delivered to your Recipient Address provided via Hongkong Post.
- Customer may select to collect the map products at our Map Sales Outlets during placing order. You or your representative must present the printout of the email “Notification for Collection of Map Product” when collecting the ordered map products. Please refer to “Contact Us” for the location and office hours of the Map Sales Outlets.
- Note: DVDs for products in digital map products can be collected only at the Map Publications Centre, Hong Kong, at 23/F North Point Government Offices, 333 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
- Ordered map products will be delivered by the method as selected by customers only upon receipt of full order payment.
- Ordered digital map products in excess of 2GB in total data size will be delivered by DVD(s).
- Ordered digital map products will be delivered within 4 working days except digital aerial photos with less than 6 copies which will be delivered within 14 working days.
- Ordered map products will be delivered by HongKong Post with an advice of receipt if method “By courier/postage services” is selected. Therefore, customers must provide an accurate delivery address.
- Customers will receive an email notifying the products are sent for delivery, or are ready for collection at the selected collection office.
- Ordered digital map products must be collected within 4 weeks after notification if method “Collect at Map Publications Centre, Hong Kong” is selected. Ordered map products must be collected within 3 months after notification if method “Collect at Map Sales Outlets” is selected. Otherwise, all money paid will be forfeited.
- Lands Department is not responsible for damage, postal loss and delay due to unforeseeable circumstances.
- Map products will be delivered according to the following schedule if the quantity is small. For order with large quantity, processing time may be longer. Whether the pledges below can be met will also depend on the number of order received at a particular time.
|Product / Service||Quantity||Estimated Time of Delivery|
|Collecting the products at Map Publications Centres or District Survey Office (DSO) counters||By courier/postage services|
|Lot Index Plan (A3/A4 size)||2 copies or below||2 hours (Paper) 1 calendar day (Digital)||
Additional 1 working day on top of the time for the collection at the Map Publications Centres and the DSO counters (For packaging and delivery of finished products to HongKong Post)
(For packaging and delivery of finished products to HongKong Post)
|Lot Index Plan (half sheet/full sheet)||2 copies or below||1 working day (Paper) 1 calendar day (Digital)|
Published^ map series (current edition):
|Immediate (depending on stock availability)|
Colour print-on-demand* map series (current edition):
|2 copies or below||After 1 working day#|
Black & white print-on-demand* map series (current edition):
|10 copies or below|
|Map products not mentioned above||10 copies or below||Normally after 7 working days#|
|Aerial Photographs (High resolution)||10 copies or below||Normally after 4-6 working days#|
|Aerial Photographs (Speed Print)||2 copies or below||Within 2 hours#|
|Aerial Photographs (Portion enlargement)||3 copies or below||Normally after 6 working days#|
|Supply of Computation Folder/Survey Report of Survey Record Plan under Voluntary Submission||3 folders or below||
Within 4 working days
(online download only)
|Revert to Customer on requests for Survey Record Plan/Land Boundary Plan (for saleability)||Per record||
Within 2 working days
|Supply of digital maps||-||Within 4 working days upon receipt of payment for the order.|